North America's Premier International Resort Community

Vail Man’s Death Confirmed Carbon Monoxide Toxicity

  • 4 April 2017

The Vail Police Department has confirmed the death of a Vail resident, Michael F. Anderson, was a result of carbon monoxide toxicity. Anderson, 47, was found by his wife in his garage on the morning of Feb. 27 at 1460 Buffehr Creek Road, unit #G. Anderson is believed to have inhaled excessive carbon monoxide from an ATV that had been running in the garage earlier that morning. According to the autopsy, there was no significant natural disease or injury. 

The Vail Police Department received information following Anderson’s death that indicated he may have been involved in fraudulent business practices. The department is currently investigating those leads into Anderson’s activity with the End of the Rainbow Foundation, End of the Rainbow Partners, Excalibur investment firm and Bighorn Asset Management.

Any information regarding Anderson’s practices in these entities should be directed to Detective Sgt. Luke Causey at lcausey@vailgov.com or 970-479-2346. 

Michael Anderson is survived by his wife and two children. 

Print

Theme picker