Vail businesses are invited to apply for relief through the Grant Award Program (GAP), which provides direct aid to businesses experiencing hardship due to the public health crisis from now until March 31. Developed by representatives of the Vail Economic Advisory Council with assistance from town staff, the grant program was authorized by the Vail Town Council on Feb. 2 in the amount of $500,000 and will offer Vail businesses grants ranging from $5,000 to $15,000.
Thus far the program has granted $266,250 to 24 Vail businesses experiencing hardship due to the public health crisis. A scoring matrix tallies points based on answers to determine the financial health of the business along with operational impacts to support determination of the funds awarded. The online application requires both quantitative and qualitative business information as well as a narrative explanation about the financial impacts of the health crisis on the business.
Who is eligible for this program?
- Business must have current and valid Town of Vail business and sales tax license.
- Business must have a physical location and storefront within the Town of Vail’s commercially zoned area from which business operations are conducted.
- Business must not be a publicly traded corporation, must not be owned by, controlled by, or a subsidiary of a publicly traded corporation.
- Business must employ 50 or fewer full-time equivalents.
- Business must be in full compliance with Eagle County and State of Colorado and Executive Public Health Orders (including face covering mandates and capacity restrictions).
What is the time frame for applications?
Online applications will be accepted through March 31. The Town of Vail will provide grants directly to the business. Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis, with approved payments following approval.
How to Apply?
The Grant Award Program (GAP) will be available on the Town of Vail grants webpage at https://www.vailgov.com/departments/finance/grant-process. All applications will be subject to audit by the Town of Vail Finance Department.
For more information regarding the Grant Award Program for Vail businesses, contact Mia Vlaar, economic development director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.