Catholic Charities and the Eagle County Law Enforcement Immigrant Advisory Committee are sponsoring their 5th Annual Fall Coat Drive. Over the last several years, this coat drive has distributed over 3,000 coats to children and families in need. Coats are being collected through Oct. 31 at the following locations:
- Vail - Vail Police Department, 75 S. Frontage Road
- Avon - Avon Police Department, 0001 Lake Street; Eagle County Offices, Avon Annex – 100 West Beaver Creek Blvd.
- Edwards - Eagle County Sheriff’s Office Substation in the WECMRD Fieldhouse, 450 Miller Ranch Road
- Eagle - Eagle Police Department, 200 Broadway
- Gypsum - Gypsum Recreation Center, 0052 Lundgren Blvd.
- All FirstBank locations in Eagle County
The community is encouraged to donate clean coats in good condition. The group is especially hoping to collect children’s winter jackets, snow pants, boots, as well as hats and gloves. People in need of a coat should contact Catholic Charities at 970-949-0405. Collection boxes for the coat drive have been generously donated by Vail Honeywagon. Access Real Estate has donated the use of retail space in Eagle for coat storage and distribution.
The Law Enforcement Immigrant Advisory Committee, an initiative founded by Catholic Charities, consists of representatives of the immigrant community who meet on a regular basis with the heads of law enforcement in Eagle County. They provide resources and information through education and outreach to build trust and collaboration with the immigrant community. Participating agencies include the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office, Vail Police Department, Basalt Police Department, Avon Police Department, Eagle Police Department, Catholic Charities, The Youth Foundation, Polar Star Properties, Salvation Army, Eagle County School District and Eagle County.